3 Ranchero Tots Menu Hacks for March MadnessMarch 22, 2022
Ranchero Tots are one of our most popular starters at Wings and Rings, and for good reason. Picture the tater tots you know and love only bigger, stuffed with bacon and cheese, fried till they’ve reached crunchy, golden perfection, and then topped with fresh jalapenos, cilantro, and chipotle ranch.
Now, take those tots and imagine them topped off with even more delicious ingredients like Buffalo chicken, extra cheese, and your favorite Wings and Rings sauces. Is your mouth watering yet? If not, grab a napkin because we’re about to take these tots to tasty town with 3 new Ranchero Tot menu hacks, just in time for your March Madness parties!
3 Ways to Menu Hack Ranchero Tots
Buffalo Chicken Tot Bites.
An easy menu hack, and by far our favorite. Plan to double or even triple your servings — you’re going to want to make plenty!
- 2 orders of Ranchero Tots (be sure to ask for them “naked” or with the toppings on the side)
- 3 chicken tenders tossed in our classic Buffalo Sauce
- Extra Buffalo Sauce (optional)
- Sliced jalapenos (optional)
- Place two orders of naked Ranchero Tots together on a plate or in a shallow bowl.
- Thinly slice the 3 Buffalo Tenders and add a piece atop each tot, followed by a jalapeno slice, if desired. Secure with a toothpick.
- Serve the Buffalo Chicken Tot bites with extra Buffalo sauce and chipotle ranch for dipping!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Tot Skewers
Two of our favorites — tots and wings — come together quickly under the broiler for one cheesy good party dish.
- 2 orders of Ranchero Tots (ask for them “naked” or with the toppings on the side)
- 10 boneless wings with Garlic Parmesan sauce
- Extra Garlic Parmesan sauce (optional)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Wooden bamboo skewers
- Preheat your broiler to low.
- Cut up Garlic Parmesan boneless wings into tot-size pieces.
- Alternate adding Ranchero Tots and boneless wing bites on the skewers (about 3 of each).
- Line up the completed skewers together on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with more Garlic Parmesan sauce, if desired.
- Sprinkle skewers with ½ cup of shredded cheddar, jalapeno slices, and cilantro (optional).
- Pop in the oven to broil for 2-3 minutes, checking often so they don’t burn.
- Remove from the oven when the cheese is just melted.
- Serve with chipotle ranch for dipping on the side.
Pro tip: Order Fried Pickle Chips to add into the skewers too if you are a fried pickle fan!
Loaded Chicken Waffle Tots.
As fun to say as they are to make, waffle tots are delicious when topped with all the same things you’d add to a baked potato.
- 2 (or more) orders of Ranchero Tots (ask for them “naked” or with the toppings on the side)
- A 10-piece order of your favorite boneless wing.
- Extra sauce (optional)
- Sour cream
- Bacon bits
- Shredded cheddar
- Chopped chives or green onions
- Cooking spray
- Turn on a waffle iron to heat up.
- When it’s ready, spray the bottom and top of the iron with a light misting of cooking spray.
- Put 8-10 tots onto the bottom of the waffle maker, pushed toward the center.
- Close the waffle iron and allow it to “cook” the tots together.
- Remove when the light turns green or they are grilled together and crispy.
- Carefully move the waffle tot to a plate and load with shredded or diced boneless wings, extra sauce, sliced jalapenos, chipotle ranch, or any other of your favorite toppings.
Cook to Our Favorite March Madness Hype Songs
Now that we’ve sufficiently hyped our tot menu hacks, why not listen to our favorite March Madness hype songs too? Our Spotify playlist is all about getting you ready to watch your favorite basketball teams advance toward the championship over the next few weeks.
Whether you’re catching all the hoops at home or watching from a Wings and Rings restaurant, we’ll make sure you get all the ingredients you need to make these Rachero Tot hacks. Visit any of our locations or place an online order today!Continue reading...